“Making Your Own Baby Food” event: Recipes and Resources
On Saturday, February 6, 2010. Columbia Center family educator Diane Oakland was joined by professional chefs Beth & Scott Shully, and Bridget Nagorsen from Shully's Cuisine and Events who demonstrated just how easy and fun making your own baby food can be. This was the second time Columbia center offered the special event "Prepared with Love: Making Your Own Baby Food."
Here are some additional resources to help you further explore the topics discussed at the "Prepared with Love" event.
- WTMJ-TV's Morning Blend segment (scroll to "Video/Audio" section of page to view) — Pre-event interview and cooking demonstration with Columbia Center family educator Diane Oakland, and professional chefs Beth Shully, and Laura Steele from Shully's Cuisine and Events (Thursday, February 4, 2010)
- Videos of Event Demonstrations (coming soon)
Additional Information related to Feeding Your Baby
Information on Starting Solids:
- HealthyChildren.org (from the American Academy of Pediatrics) — Introducing Solids
- La Leche League International — When should my baby start solids?
- La Leche League International — Introducing Complementary Foods
- La Leche League International — Starting Solids
- WholesomeBabyFood.com — Is my baby ready for solid food?
- Ask Dr. Sears — Starting solid foods
Information on Food Allergies:
- American Academy of Pediatrics — Asthma and Allergies
- WholesomeBabyFood.com — Baby Food & Allergies
- Ask Dr. Sears — Tracking down food allergies
- Kids With Food Allergies — Preventing food allergies
Baby Food Recipes:
- Featured Recipes (event handout - PDF document)
- Homemade Baby Food Recipes
- Click here to contribute your own recipes
February 06, 2010