Jogging Strollers Recalled
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of B.O.B.(r) single and double strollers. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Units: About 337,000 in the United States and 20,000 in Canada
Importer: B.O.B. Trailers Inc., of Boise, Idaho
Hazard: A drawstring on the stroller can get wrapped around a child's neck, posing a strangulation hazard.
Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received one report of an 11-month-old girl who got entangled at the neck by the stroller's drawstring. The child was freed by her mother.
Description: This recall involves the following 11 models of B.O.B.(r) single and double strollers. The name "B.O.B" appears on the cargo basket under the stroller and on the front of the stroller. All of the recalled strollers have a yellow/orange drawstring at the rear of the canopy which is used to gather loose fabric when the canopy is pulled back. Strollers have the serial number either stamped in the frame or on a white label located on the stroller's rear right leg.
Model | Serial # ranges:
- Sport Utility Stroller | 12362 - 35107, AA00001 - AA025490
- Sport Utility Stroller D'Lux | 12362 - 35107, AB000001 - AB007940
- Ironman(r) | 800000 - 803700, AC000001- AC027923
- Sport Utility Duallie | 002001 - 008068, AD000001 - AD011252
- Ironman(r) Duallie | AE000001 - AE008909
- Revolution | AF000001 - AF189112
- Revolution 12" | AK000001 - AK024149
- Stroller Strides(r) | AG000001 - AG011163
- Revolution Duallie | AH000001 - AH072921
- Revolution Duallie 12" | AL000001 - AL012657
- Stroller Strides(r) Duallie | AM000001 - AM003229
Sold at: REI, buy buy Baby and other stores nationwide and on the Web at Babiesrus.com, Target.com and Amazon.com between April 2002 and February 2011 for between $300 and $600.
Manufactured in: Taiwan and China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled strollers and remove the drawstring. If using a separately purchased Weather Shield or Sun Shield accessory with the recalled stroller, contact B.O.B. Trailers for a free canopy retrofit kit.
Configuration and Remedy:
- Use Stroller Only: Remove Drawstring; Instructions on removing drawstrings at www.bobcanopy.com
- Use Stroller With Optional Weather Shield Accessory: Remove Drawstring, Install Canopy retrofit Kit; Order retrofit kits at www.bobcanopy.com
- Use Stroller With Optional Sun Shield Accessory: Remove Drawstring, Install Canopy retrofit Kit; Order retrofit kits at www.bobcanopy.com
Consumer Contact: For additional information, or to order a canopy retrofit kit, contact B.O.B. Trailers at (855) 242-2245 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website at www.bobcanopy.com
February 23, 2011